And get down to business. Yes, its time for Fashion for Life 2013: It’s not just about fashion…
Starting Monday I will begin to blog this event in earnest, afterall it is my favorite charity of all charitable events in Second Life. It hits me right in the heart because of my real life experiences with the ravages of cancer. But for now, me and my family at *SoliDea FoliEs* and Salimar will have a moments quiet for one of our own. Please respect us our privacy, and I look forward to sharing with you our Fashion For Life items and the many incredible items of other SL designers during this week long event. I’ve seen many of the products that will be given with your donation, (100% of the cost of the item goes to Relay for Life) and they are simply amazing!
I hope you will find it in your heart to join me here on the blog and in Second Life at the “Fashion For Life” venues and shows. This year, along with the vendors, shows and raffles, there is a gacha event as well. So literally something for everyone! Over five and a half million was raised last year, lets make this our best year ever. And to make it easier for you, I’ve created a page of the Fashion For Life SLURL’s by designer. Please feel free to use them throughout the week for easy transport within the SIMs.
Every year, hundreds of people in Second Life ™ give their time, creativity and money to help raise funds and awareness on behalf of the ‘American Cancer Society’ at FASHION FOR LIFE.
This year from March 9th – 17th, an incredible 9 sims built by some of the grids best artists and builders will open to the public based on the theme of ‘The Seven Ancient Wonders of the World.’
But it’s not only the very best fashion you can expect to see this year but also dazzling art, beautiful buildings and a schedule of live events and fashion shows produced by SL’s top fashion agencies!
SIM BUILDERS & SPONSORS:
▪ Great Pyramid of Giza – Built by Thoth Jantzen – Sponsored by LAZURI
▪ Hanging Gardens of Babylon – Built by Patch Thibaud – Sponsored by Tres Beau
▪ Statue of Zeus at Olympia – Built by KarlinJames Zepp – Sponsored by Leri Miles Designs, Quality mesh fashion for men and women.
▪ Temple of Artemis at Ephesus – Built by nexuno Thespian – Sponsored by .:EMO-tions:.
▪ Mausoleum at Halicarnassus – Built by Kaya Angel – Sponsored by Sonatta Morales *8* Vintage Couture
▪ Colossus of Rhodes – Built by Rebeca Bashly – Sponsored by Chop Zuey Couture and Jewellery
▪ Lighthouse of Alexandria – Built by Bryn Oh – Sponsored by [sYs] Design
▪ Event Sim Center – Built by Eshi Otawara – sponsored by Miss Mundo Virtual Organization
▪ Event Sim North – Built by Eshi Otawara – Sponsored by Christianraven Resident
▪ Tjake Kearny
▪ Giz Seorn
ENTERTAINMENT & EVENTS SCHEDULE:
The week will also host a schedule of live entertainment, music and catwalk events and each scheduled fashion show will reveal different outfits from the all new ‘Fashion for Life 2013’ collection.
SATURDAY MARCH 9TH ▪12:00 PM SLT: GRAND OPENING OF FASHION FOR LIFE 2013!
SUNDAY MARCH 10TH
▪10:00 AM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by: KV Dream Agency
MONDAY MARCH 11TH
▪4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by SOLO EVANE
TUESDAY MARCH 12TH
▪4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by AVENUE
WEDNESDAY MARCH 13TH ▪4:00 PM SLT- FASHION SHOW – Produced by Elegance Agency
▪6:00 PM SLT – ANTONIO GALLOWAY IN CONCERT!
THURSDAY MARCH 14TH
▪4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by UEMA AGENCY
FRIDAY MARCH 15TH
▪12:00 PM SLT – CHANGHIGH SISTERS FIRESHOW of Light, Life and Love
▪4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by OPIUM EVOLUTION
SATURDAY MARCH 16TH ▪10:00 AM SLT – GALLIANO COUTURE INSPIRED COLLECTION – Produced by BLVD AGENCY
SUNDAY MARCH 17TH ▪9:00 AM SLT – GRAND FINALE – SL TOP MODEL COMPETITION
▪11:00 AM SLT – CLOSING PARTY – RAFFLE WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
*BOSL Radio will also stream across all 9 sims in partnership with SL club ‘The Velvet’.
* There will be a public ‘BEST FFL PHOTO CONTEST’ for the duration of this event. The winner will receive items from participating FFL designers.
PRESS & MEDIA NOTES:
“When I saw the amount of new and beautiful creations being made for FASHION FOR LIFE 2013, my head spin like Linda Blair’s in her best moment. How could we possibly showcase all this new fashion in one week while organizing the event at the same time? Thank God for SL FASHION AGENCIES! They all graciously jumped in to give us a hand. I am forever grateful.” Frolic Mills, BOSL & Co, CEO
Fashion for Life Flickr: Taxi: