1500L. When I grow up I want to be cool enough to pull off being the “IT” girl in a spaghetti western with Clint Eastwood. You know the type, Earthy and gorgeous, tough as nails, totally opposite of anything Cao? I just need a sidearm and I’m ready to roll. Actually Cao’s and horses don’t mix too well, I tend to fall off. That said, I’ve another blind date tonight. Yay Me! My mom thought it a good idea to set me up with her doctor. Don’t get me wrong, I like money and a brilliant mind as much as anyone, but, I can’t get past he’s a Proctologist. I mean, what exactly was he doing with my mum when they were discussing me? I know, it’s subtle, so think about it, the picture will come to you. Anyway, the mum has called and contrite with spork in hand, go I. Hell hath no fury like a mum whose grandma biological clock is ticking. I don’t do this often, but I promised I’d give Berry’s new meme a go, so here goes.
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post. Delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a comment in this post!
1.How do you deal with criticism? Since my biggest critic is me, I try not to handle it well at all. Every time I try to do something and that little niggling voice becomes a gelatinous roar, I picture myself sporking it into small Tupperware containers, the cheap ones, not the outrageously priced real stuff (yeah, I know the price, I’ve been to a few, remember my “I-wanna-stay-at-home-with-the-kids-while-you-pay-outrageous-amounts-of-money-for-this-cheap-arse-crap-I’m-selling friend” that I have?). *cough* I digress, (sorry Val). And when I have it all in those little containers I take it out into the yard, put a little gas on it and blow it up. All in my head of course, I had nothing to do with the neighbors pine tree catching fire, officer, I sware.
2. What’s the most infuriating thing other SL residents do? You mean other than walk around with those talking baby bellys? You know the one’s, in open chat they say things like I ate and grew a nose, or feed me now or I’m crawling out of here like Rosemary’s Baby? To me there is actually something worse in SL (I know, hard to believe right?). The drama drives me crazy, the melt down of two blogs ago? People are still trying to get their 3 seconds of fame from it. What in a normal real world society would be a private confrontation between mortal frenemy’s becomes everyone’s chance to ring in for their two seconds of fame. That crap is so like the clique-ish highschool angst that used to have me puking like a teenager to try to regain a youthful girlish figure again that I just as soon tune out than tune in. Nope not going to get me to worship in that pew, or should I say P.U. Don’t get me wrong, it’s okay to support either side, but a week later? Let-it-gooooOOOoooooo already.
3. Which SL resident would you most like to have lunch with and why? This was a really tough one, I have several, my Mila or my little dragon besty Draakje Dailey obvious choices but I think lunch with them will be a given at some point. But right now, I’d have to say my newest friend Peep Sideshow. She’s been a rock to me lately, always making me laugh and smile. She’s a big hearted nutter with a great eye for photography. But honestly? You know how when you are an expatriate for a while you begin to mimic the tones and accents of your adopted county? I just want to hear Peep talking in a twangy southern US/Australian accent. I can imagine sitting in her living room for hours and saying “say crikey,” “say chook” or “say grundies.” The way I love words, the chit would never get old.
4. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration? I’d have to say, drama queens, pot stirrer’s and negative ninnies. You know the type, they walk into a room and the entire atmosphere changes and not for the better. It’s like they suck the oxygen right out of the room. Deep inside I feel so bad for them, I mean, how can they possibly feel about themselves, late at night and they can’t sleep so their mind naturally wanders over the day they just had. But for crying out loud, it just takes a conscious effort to change a negative outlook, try it some time whats-her-face-zita. And people are pretty forgiving and open to accepthing those who have changed.
5. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? I don’t think anything has been “ruined.” I think I am less drawn to the whole of Second Life than I used to be. I am already down to about an hour a day on weekdays and there are weekends where if I didn’t want to blog, I wouldn’t bother going in. It’s not the people, I love my Second Life friends, it’s the time consumption, I think. It eats up hours of time and my mind wanders to the window and I think, wow, I wish I was out there enjoying the sunshine, salty air, coconut oil (SPF 500, of course) and childrens laughter. I love children’s laughter, it is so free and straight from the gut. I often wonder at what age we lose the ability to feel like that?
6.What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about? Though I’ve not done a lot in Second Life, I have watched a lot. I’m a watcher and a thinker, in some ways I am the original Peep Sideshow, but well thats a different story. So I suppose the most embarrasing thing I’d like to do is go to one or two of those naughty places and ask women why they degrade or debase themselves like that. It’s embarrassingly uncosmopolitan of me and small town, don’t you think? I can’t help it, I think it’s some weird uptight feminist pollyanna gene in me.
7. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you? Boo was my real life nickname growing up, it’s so funny so many use it inworld. I think since my name is said “Cho” or “Kee-vah” perhaps the funniest term is when I am called Kay-Oh-Me or Kay-Oh. The most endearing name I am called by my closest of close besty’s and loves is Moo or lil Moo.
8. Have you ever fallen in love with another SL resident? Yes. I have blogged it before. I once fell hopelessly, relentlessly, whole-heartedly, and passionately in love in Second Life. One time of that consumption is all I would ever need.
9. Describe a time/event in your slife that you’re nostalgic for. I think I am nostalgic for a time when things weren’t jaded. They were simpler and new. When I would stare for hours at a sunset because the concept of a virtual sunset simply amazed me. The first full moon I saw (and not the cheeky kind at the nude beach). A virtual sky of black velvet with a magnitude of stars twinkling like the heavens. And Lately, I miss the home I had, in the same place, for 4 years or so. I recently bought a new house, (thanks Moos Hultcrantz, http://www.flickr.com/photos/79972817@N05/9281947383/ you made me shop). I haven’t had the heart to unbox it yet though. It would feel too much like putting down roots again when I can plainly see the door is the other way.
10. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you? Right now? Buy my shape for a chunk of change, so I can give it, with my 1000L’s (or more, I haven’t decided how much I can afford yet) to Wigs for Kids. I have such a sad heart and need to help cancer victims, it pulls on my heart so strongly, especially when it’s these tiny babies with such adult illnesses. My father, before he retired, was a pediatrician, and the only time I have ever seen him cry was one Christmas Day, one of his patients died of cancer. I was small, and all I could think about was how upset I was my father always had to leave the family and work Christmas Day. He’d kindly tell me to think of these children who are not home with their families and that sickness doesn’t take a day off. With adult eyes, I truly see the sacrifice he made. And, I think, that take from is all that is needed.