This week’s meme is borrowed again from Strawberry Singh. Thanks Berry, you made my Monday have a lot less gravity. I am wearing *LpD* today, Taxi: Nevery Lorakeet of Les Petits Details is involved with so many of the different events going on at the moment it was hard to choose what to include in the blog but in the end, I decided the new “Onde” dress would work perfectly for a high impact Monday because they look positively glam with the “Mae” platform shoos from GOS Boutique Taxi: . These shoos really are incredible, the HUD has a onetime skin matching system with over 250 skin brand tones in their database that automatically textures to match the skin you wear. Isn’t the final look adorable with the new *DURA* Taxi: girl 45 hairs? Thrown on and done! As an aside, I wanted to throw a little rumor out here before I start the meme. I heard a rumor a little Cao and some friends are thinking about starting a Second Life Modeling school. But before we jump, I am curious, is there anyone out there interested in attending? Just imagine, you too can learn to be as clumsy as me! Please let me know what you think.
Hairs: DURA, girl45 *New* . Makeup: *LpD*, Lei *Make up Fair* . Shoos: GOS, Mae Platform . Dress: *LpD*, Onde . Purse (on Ground): *LpD*, Geena . Handbag: +>A&A<+, Sheepies purse, *The Deck* POSE: Behavior Body
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Try not to swear at Berry in your head for having so many questions this week and don’t forget to leave a comment in here so others can come by and read your answers as well!
1. How long have you been blogging? Since June 2011. Don’t you DARE laugh!
2. Why did you start blogging? My friend Draakje Dailey had a blog and I always ran into her shopping everywhere, personally I think she was stalking me, but being a nice docile Cao I never told her I knew what she was doing. She
made me read showed me her blog and I was hooked and wanted to have one of my own.
3. How many times a week do you post an entry? I try to blog every single day since I am a writer at heart. I think it helps my creativity to keep exercising my words. Sometimes it’s difficult because I have to shop, style and take pictures for each blog but for the most part at least 6 times a week.
4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Hundreds! Friday is my blog read day and when I awake in the morning I have 114 blog update emails waiting for me in my inbox. I think the bloggers I follow are the coolest people in the world and I hate to miss a week of seeing what they are up to. I read SL blogs, RL blogs and lots of blogs of other writers and artists.
5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Yes, I do quite often. When I commit to another person’s blog I like to be all in. I think it’s good to know another person somewhere in the time/space continuum thought enough of my blog to leave a comment, so I like to do the same. It’s kind of like receiving little virtual flowers on an otherwise mundane day.
6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? I obsess about it. So much I oft wonder if I am obsessive compulsive creature. WordPress tells you if your readership is up or down a certain percentage from week to week and I always want to cry when my percentage is down. So please do me a favor, if you peek at my blog, hit your home key and come back to my blog about 20 times or so. The depression you lift may be my own. (just kidding, of course.. sort of… I guess.)
7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? No, not really. I sometimes pause prior to publishing because at times I remark on subjects that I am unsure how they will be received by my audience (like the dating blogs) but in the end I figure there’s no need to hide my “blemishes” from the world, they are what makes me uniquely beautifully me. Though honestly, most of what I write on the dating topic is said in gest. I love to smile and I love to laugh so if I can make one reader laugh, it typically makes me do both.
8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? To an extent, yes. As I said, some things are said to be funny, but for the most part I am a pretty “face-value” person and try to be open and honest. Like the comment I made in a prior blog about my mum and how my dog Katy ate my mums hormone pills, it happened and that’s just how me and my mum are. A little forgetful and inattentive. So in betwixt the lines of the words there is a huge sense of who I am.
9. Do you blog under your real name? No, I blog under my second life name. I have never blogged under my real name, yet, but possibly will in the future if I cross out of Second Life. I can’t see myself ever giving up blogging; I am a writer after all.
10. Are there topics that you would never blog about? Not sure. There are probably lots of topics I shouldn’t blog about, but I think I’d probably be willing to give anything that interests me a try. One of the things I enjoy about blog topics is a lot of the time I am learning as I write.
11. What is the theme/topic of your blog? This is a difficult question for me because my topics are all over the place. I think my main pictorial topic is fashion, whether it pertains to real or Second Life; the two DO cross-over nicely. But, well, then there is word and peace as my little dragon Draakje Dailey likes to point out. So you get a view of life perspective from me at times and it seems to be popular given the nice comments I receive here and inworld. I am also, in real life and second life, an eclectic stylist, I always have been even when growing up, so I suppose I could be considered an “off off broadway” blogger/stylist.
12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? I do have more than one blog. I have An Chailin Alainn my first blog where I post topics and pictures, and I also occasionally update Lil Cao- Life and Times of a Second Life Model. Taxi: The Lil Cao blog is simply a no words blog that I upload my more artistic pictures to with the title typically the only words needed to garner the inspiration behind the style. I also have a private word only blog that I use to write short stories, or write about feelings or things I am going through at any particular time. Topics or words that wouldn’t quite fit as topics for An Chailin Alainn.
13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? It lowered my cholesterol 50 points. Just kiding, it’s helped me to grow. Both in my personal style and in my writing style. I’ve learned so many things. From research, from friends and from readers who just stop by. This has been an amazing trip from 2011 to today; I wouldn’t change a thing about it.
14. So, why do you continue to blog? I simply love blogging, writing and reading so I find blogging relaxing and fun. I try to entertain my readers on most days, hopefully I get there every once in a while for you but while thinking about the topics I write about it makes me take stock on where I fit in the big picture of this amazing complex world we live in.
Whew! That was long and hopefully not too boring. Remember, if you do the meme on your blog come here and put a link to it because I love to read the blogs of others.